Using OpenBed

How do I create an account?

Registration is not open for outside users to create accounts. You must be a licensed Adult Foster Home provider in Jackson or Josephine county to be invited to join OpenBed. If you are interested in opening your own foster home please contact the Senior Services Office in Medford 541-776-6222 and ask to speak with someone in Adult Foster Home Licensing.

I've forgotten my password!

Call or email Katrina Brownlee with Adult Foster Home licensing at 541-618-7879 or katrina.a.brownlee@dhsoha.state.or.us.

When was this site built?

This website launched in July of 2018 with funding provided by Rogue Valley Council of Governments, in partnership with the Adult Foster home Local Licensing Authority and the District 8 Transition Coordination team.

Can I see a list of all local foster homes?

Yes. To see a map of all foster homes in Jackson and Josephine Counties follow this link: Here.

About Adult Foster Care

How do I open my own home?

Adult Foster Homes are licensed by the State of Oregon through the Aging and People with Disabilities program. For more information click here to go to the State of Oregon Adult Foster Home Information page.

You can also contact the Local Licensing Authority located in the DHS Medford Annex , 541-618-7879 or in-person at 28 W 6th St Suite D, Medford, OR 97501.

What do the levels mean?

Adult Foster Homes are classified by the provider's level of experience providing direct care to clients assisting with Activities of Daily Living (ADL).

Each level is determined by the past experience of the licensed provider's work history. For each level references and work history are consulted to verify experience providing ADL care.